Jabril

Jabril - D.B. Reynolds Joint review with MaruMy rating: 4.7*Maru: Ok, are you ready folks? Aly and Maru joint reviewers extraordinaire are back! Yes, we know that our Raphael review left you wanting more of our hero picks, snarky comments and oh so funny gifsAly: Hear, hear!Maru: So we decided to continue the path of joint reviews and see where it takes us. Aly, are you ready to kick some review butt?Aly: Sure am Maru!Maru: Awesome, as a matter fact so am I! Aly, what did you think of the ending?Aly: Satisfactory :PMaru: No, just kidding... but what did you think of the story overall?Aly: Loved it! No more drama lama and stupid decisions(much), it was a great continuation of Cyn and Raphael's story. How about you? What did you think of it?Maru: I agree with you, but with no stupid decisions we had no plot...I think that books 1 and 2 could be merged into a super book 1, but that´s just me... What did you think of the side characters in this one?Aly: The villain was very hate-able! I literally couldn't stand seeing him on the page!Maru: What about Mirabelle and Liz living situation?Aly: I have no idea how those 2 could survive with that Jabril a-hole, him and his "women are good for one thing and one thing only" ideas.Maru: Oh God!! I hated him instantly!! Poor girls, having being raised by that SOB...good thing Cyn came along, even though she made a couple of bad decisions, but she´s pretty kicked assAly: She is since we all make those, I think we can let her off the hook. I have to say that I loved how Raphael had to suffer in this one, not much, but it was good for his soulMaru: Yes!! I liked how she made him work for her, and he said " I love you" first, almost all the heroines say it a week after they meet the guy and they say it first...so this was a nice changeAly: Yes, a good twist. Did you expect Alexandra to do what she did? I didn't...Maru: Me either, that was bitchy of her...I liked how Cyn was the bigger person and didn´t let the hard feelings get in the way of decisionsAly: I would have let him toast her Maru: Yeah me too..guess we are as bloodthirsty as our beloved Raphael Aly: I wouldn't call him "beloved", but we are, a lot :)) I kind of liked learning about the Vamps' customsMaru: Yes that was interesting, something all the vamp books have is the fact that they like to do a show of everything.Aly: I expected them to be more unforgiving with the whole "New vamp-Lord Vamp" thingMaru: Yeah Jabril or whatever his difficult name was, was kind of forgiving until the very endAly: He was scheming, that's what he was... Can I say that i'm happy with the way he left the world of the living? Maru: Yes, I was smiling at the part...freaking finally. Now let´s discuss the epilogue.Aly: I liked it! Cyn and her friend talking... and then the hotness that is Raphael rolling in:PNeither Raphael nor Cyn know or want to shareMaru: I liked how she introduced a new character, but it was kind out of the blue since Sarah isn´t mentioned previously...I would´ve expected the next book to be about Luci.Aly: I thought the same thing Maru. I started searching both books for this Sarah :))Maru: I liked the last line "How is he going to know I´m in Buffalo?"Aly: Yhea... kind of like kids asking their parents about how Santa knows that they're not home.Maru: Hahaha yeah! Is there anything else left to discuss?Aly: Nah. Just that the next books better be as great as these 2.Maru: I completely agree on that! It was a pleasure doing a joint review with you Aly, thanks for your time. Till next time minions!