Dragon Bound (Elder Races Series #1)

Dragon Bound - Thea Harrison 5*+++Wow... Just wow!This book got me from the 1st page and it kept going better and better. And when Dragos said “I do not endanger my treasures.” I knew I was a goner. The book is set in an alternate Earth with beings from myths and tales: dragons, harpies, light and dark Fae... Dragos is one of the most(if not the THE most) ancient and powerful beings in the world. He is a Dragon with the temper and acquisitiveness of one. He likes beautiful and unique things. And then comes Pia Giovanni who dears to steal from him, from this point the game is on. Never, but NEVER should you steal from a dragon, you don't know what happens next.Pia is a 25 year old woman who gets herself in a little tangle, which blows up in her face. Word of advice: take care what you say or do when drunk...Fav QUOTES:“I’ll make use of you somehow,” he said.“What if I don’t want to do it?” Her head started to lower, a drooping flower on a stalk. His hands guided her to rest on his chest. “I’m not stealing again,” she warned. “So if that’s what you want, we might as well get back to the rending right now.”Listen to her. Big tough girl.“There is nothing you could steal that I couldn’t get in any number of other ways. I will not put you in harm’s way.” He kept her head cradled in one hand and put an arm around her. He murmured, “I do not endanger my treasures.”Her pretty mouth fell open. “You don’t . . . like . . .” A hysterical giggle bubbled out and turned to outright laughter. She listed on the bar stool, the coffee mug tilting.He covered her hands with one of his own, steadying the mug, and pressed a finger against her lips. “Stop that.”“Sure.” She hooted. “Whatever you say.”He wasn’t by any stretch of imagination an expert on emotions, let alone female emotions. Scowling, he tapped her lips.“I’ll just, I don’t know, be happy until you decide to start rending.” She hiccupped. “How will that do, Your Majesty?”“I was being sarcastic,” he said.“Which is very reassuring, coming from a pissed-off dragon,” she told him. “Kinda like the whole ‘tell me what I want to know and I’ll let you go’ joke. Definitely has its own charm. I bet all your other prisoners love it.”“You took a 1962 penny,” Dragos said. His teeth were gritted. “You left a 1975 penny. It’s no replacement.”She stared at him. “Oh my God, it’s scary you noticed that.”“I know everything in my hoard and exactly where it is,” he told her. “Down to the smallest piece.”“You could go to a doctor, get checked out for OCD,” she panted. “There might be medication for that.”(this one cracked me up)“A dragon just gave me a piece of jewelry,” she said. She took another swig and handed the bottle back to Graydon. “Have I been added to his hoard?”He shook his head and drank too. “No, cupcake,” he said. “I’m pretty sure you’ve replaced it.”