Gunmetal Magic (Kate Daniels World #1)

Gunmetal Magic - Ilona Andrews Quotes:I turned around. There were seven people on the bridge and they had stopped advancing, gaping at the writhing knot of reptilian bodies.The knot showed no signs of getting smaller. In fact it was growing bigger, expanding like a snake tornado.“Uh-oh,” Roman said.“What do you mean, ‘Uh-oh’?”He glanced at me. “Run!” And then he turned and sprinted down the length of the bridge, leading his horse by the reins.It’s never a good thing when the black volhv says “Uh-oh” and then runs for his life. “I know you’ve spoken with my son,” B said to me.“Yes. He seems to have gone insane.”“The mating frenzy will do that,” Aunt B said. “And I’m not talking about the blonde. He has never been dumped before, dear. He has no idea how to handle it.”Lika snickered.“I told him we were through, and he broke into my place, scratched MINE into my table,” I told her. “And then he moved his things into my apartment.”Lika stopped eating. “Seriously?”I nodded.Aunt B grinned. “He was always such a clever boy.”